1. WHAT IS ACP?
Answer: ACP (Aluminium Composite Panel) is a sandwich panel of LDPE and HDPE core between the two aluminum skins.
2. WHAT IS THE COMBINATION OF HDPE AND LDPE IN CORE?
Answer: 70% LDPE (Low - Density Polyethylene) and 30% HDPE (High Density Polyethylene).
3. WHAT TYPE OF CORE IS USED IN ACP?
Answer: Virgin core and one time recycled core, as per client requirement.
4. WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF ACP?
5. HOW LONG ALSTRONG HAS BEEN IN THE MARKET?
Answer: 14 years, we were the first manufacturers in India, started our plant in 2001.
6. WHAT IS OUR CURRENT ACP PRODUCTION CAPACITY?
Answer: 50 million sq. ft. per year with 5 production lines in place.
7. WHERE IS YOUR PLANT?
Answer: We have 2 plants in Jammu (J & K) and in Samba district we have 3 lines of ACP, and 1 line of Coil Coating.
8. DO YOU HAVE A COATING PLANT?
Answer: Yes, we have coating plant in Jammu and can supply desired colors, if the requirement is more than 7000 sq. ft.
9. WHICH COMPANY PAINT DO YOU USE?
Answer: We use Kynar 500 certified PVDF paint from KCC ( Korean Chemical Company ) & PPG (Pittsburgh Plates & Glass).
10. WHAT ARE THE COATINGS USED FOR ACP?
Answer: PVDF for exterior grade, Polyester / PET film for interior range.
11. HOW MANY MICRON COATING IS USED ON ACP?
Answer: For Cambria series, it is 25 ± 2 and for Imperium, it is 35 ± 2 microns and service coat is 5-7 microns.
12. WHAT IS 2 COAT 2 BAKE PVDF COATING TECHNOLOGY?
Answer: This includes standard color two-coat systems, consisting of a primer and color coat.
13. WHAT IS 3 COAT 3 BAKE PVDF COATING TECHNOLOGY?
Answer: This includes primer coat, color coat and a clear top coat by which life is increased to 20 years.
14. FROM WHERE DO YOU PROCURE ALUMINIUM COILS?
15. FROM WHERE DO YOU PROCURE CORE MATERIAL?
Answer: Core Material is LDPE AND HDPE, which is generally procured from Reliance.
16. WHAT IS RAL 5003?
Answer: It is an international colour range; we can closely match the colours in RAL series for special requirement.
17. USES OF ACP ?
Answer: ACP is generally used for cladding in the external facade of the buildings. Can also be used to renovate old buildings.
18. WHAT ALLOY GRADE DO YOU USE?
Answer: We can supply 1100, 3003, 3105 and 5005 series of alloy grades. Our standard product comes in 3000 series.
19. WHAT IS THE THICKNESS OF TOP AND BOTTOM COIL?
Answer: We have different range of coil thickness starting from 0.50 mm for external grade till 0.10 mm for partition panels.
20. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER 10 YEARS?
Answer: After 10 years there is very slight but uniform fading.
21. WHAT IS THE WARRANTY PERIOD OF OUR ACP?
Answer: 10 years warranty for two coat, and 20 years for three coat .
22. WHAT ALL DOES WARRANTY COVER?
Answer: The warranty covers any Manufacturing defect like De-lamination, non uniform colour change or gloss reduction. The Stove-lacquered surface coating will not peel, flake, blister, or crack when exposed to the weather, except for slight cracking or crazing
23. WHAT ACP THICKNESSES ARE AVAILABLE?
Answer: Thicknesses available for external application are 3mm and 4mm. 6mm can also be supplied for special requirements. Thicknesses for interior application are 1.5 mm, 2 mm, 3 mm
24. WHAT ARE THE SHEET SIZES YOU CAN PROVIDE?
Answer: Standard width is 1220 mm (4ft) and standard lengths are 2440 mm (8ft), 3050 mm (10ft) and 3660 mm (12ft) . Customized width of 1550 mm can be supplied for special requirements. Length can be supplied as per specific requirement of the project.
25. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FIRE RETARDANT AND FIRE RESISTANCE?
Answer: A fire resistant material is one that is designed to resist burning and withstand heat. Fire-retardant materials are designed to burn slowly, different to fire-resistant materials, which are designed to never burn.
26. IS ACP SCRATCH RESISTANCE?
Answer: Not 100%
27. WHICH ADHESIVE FILM IS USED TO BOND CORE?
Answer: Du pont
28. WHAT ARE THE METHODS OF FIXING?
Answer: Tray and direct screwing
29. WHICH MATERIAL IS USED TO FILL GAPS BETWEEN ACP PANELS WHILE FIXING ?
Answer: Silicon is used for filling up the gap between the two ACP panels . . ACP RELATED SILICON . Structure which has Adhesive + UV resistance for exterior gap filling . Weather silicon which is U.V Resistant for exterior gap filling . General Silicon which is used for interior gap filling.
30. DOES ACP MEET GREEN BUILDING CRITERIA/ OR IS IT A LEED PRODUCT? HOW?
Answer: i. Aluminium in Aluminium coil is 100% recycled ii. In the polymer core, the % post consumer recycle content is 21.8% and the % post industrial recycle polymer content is 28%. Thus the total recycled polymer content is 49.8%
31. CAN WE SUPPLY FR GRADE ACP?
Answer: Yes, we can supply B1 and B2 grade of FR ACP as per DIN4102 and B grade ACP as per EN13501 standard
32. WHAT IS B1 GRADE OF ACP MATERIAL?
Answer: B1 material is FR grade material with fire resistance of up to 2 hrs.
33. WHAT IS THE WEIGHT OF ACP PANEL?
Answer: 5.5 kg per sq. mtr. for the standard PE core ACP of 4 mm thickness.
34. HOW TO CONVERT SQ. FT. INTO SQ.MTR?
Answer: Multiply it by 10.764
35. HOW TO CONVERT SQ.MTR. INTO SQ.FT?
Answer: Divide by 10.764
36. ON WHAT STANDARD PVDF COATING IS DONE?
Answer: AAMA 2605
37. WHAT DOES FLEXURE STRENGTH MEANS?
Answer: Flexure means bending or Bending strength of the material.
38. WHICH IS THE SIZE OF COMMON EXTRUSION USED FOR FIXING ACP ?
Answer: Fixing of ACP in external will is done by using tabular aluminium channels of size ( 38mm x 38 mm x 3 mm ) or ( 50 mm x 25 mm x 3 mm ). These extrusions are manufactured by Hindalco /IndaI / Jindal.
39. WHAT IS SPECIFIC GRAVITY?
Answer: The Specific Gravity of Aluminium Composite Panel is measured by calculating the difference in weight while immersed in water & in air.
40. WHAT IS PENCIL HARDNESS TEST?
Answer: Pencil Hardness Test is used to measure the 'Scratch Resistance' of ACP.
41. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF USING ACP FOR EXTERNAL FACADES OF THE BUILDING?
Answer: Long life, light weight, weatherproof, high impact resistance, water chemical resistant, corrosion resistant, rigid, fast installation, low maintenance and less dead weight on the building structure.
42. SOME FULL FORMS:
i. ACP: Aluminium Composite Panels
ii. ASTM: American Society for Testing and Materials
iii. AAMA: American Architectural Manufacturers Association
iv. LDPE: Low Density Polyethylene
v. HDPE: High Density Polyethylene
vi. PVDF: Polyvinylidene fluoride
vii. PPG: Pittsburgh Plates & Glass.